1. Course / Module Deferment
Deferment refers to cases where a student delays or postpone the course (or module)
Students who have to defer their modules are required to complete and submit the Course Deferment Request Form to Student Service Department via email to email@example.com at least 14 days before the commencement of module. Relevant authorised documents will have to be submitted alongside the request for module deferment, and this can include:
- Letter from the Human Resource Department of your company
- Government or medical / hospitalisation records
Requests for deferment done without the necessary supporting documents will not be entertained. All financial obligations, such as the payments for outstanding course fees, will follow the schedule as per the signed Student Contract.
When approved, and if
- The student’s original Student Contract has expired at the point of student returning from his/her leave of absence, a new Student Contract will be executed between the Student and ASIRS
- The student’s original student contract is still valid even after factoring in the new course completion date, an addendum to the existing contract will be issued.
The date of the new module will be provided by ASIRS. Deferment is subjected to approval at the sole discretion of ASIRS. Upon confirmation that the request for deferment has been granted, ASIRS will issue a Letter of Course Deferment Approval to the students.
Terms and Conditions
- Deferment is allowed only once and module deferment fee will apply.
- If the student wishes to apply for deferment of any module more than once, the student will need to pay the re-module fee instead of the deferment fee.
- Requests for deferment are subject to the sole approval and discretion of ASIRS.
2. Course Transfer
Transfer refers to cases where a student changes the course or period of study but remains a student of ASIRS.
Students who wish to transfer into another course halfway through their ongoing course are required to complete and submit the Course Transfer Request Form to Student Service Department via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When approved, a new Student Contract will be executed between the Student and ASIRS.
Terms and Conditions
- Transfer is allowed only once and transfer fee will apply.
- The student may be exempted from modules that he/she has already completed under the existing course.
- Depending on the course that the student wishes to transfer to, a top-up in the course fee amount may be required.
- There will be no refunds of any fees paid for the course.
- Requests for transfer are subject to the sole approval and discretion of ASIRS.
3. Course Withdrawal
Withdrawal refers to cases where a student discontinues entire course with ASIRS.
Students who wish to withdraw from the course are required to complete and submit the Course Withdrawal Request Form to Student Service Department via email to email@example.com.
Where the student withdraws from the course for any reason other than non-delivery of course, the student must also include the reason(s) for course withdrawal.
When approved, the students will be refunded according to the Student Contract signed. If refer to the refund policy and procedure for more information.
Once the student has withdrawn from the enrolled course, the student ceases to be a student of ASIRS.